We are about to hit the time of year when most people experience the highest energy bills. Finding a balance between being comfortable and keeping your power bill reasonable can be challenging as a home or business owner. Our expert HVAC technicians are here to help you gain control over your AC unit once and for all. By taking advantage of the advice below, you can keep your system running smoothly. By being more efficient, your air conditioner or central air unit will not have to run as hard or as long to keep your home nice and cool.
Ways to Reduce Your Power Bill
- Schedule Professional Maintenance/Tune-Up
- It is a fantastic idea to schedule an HVAC technician to inspect your AC units on a semi-annual basis. Perhaps once in the spring and once in the fall. Doing so will help avoid more significant problems by alleviating normal wear and tear on your unit. For example, keeping your blower and coils clean will increase efficiency and reduce the likelihood of your system overheating.
- Installing a New Thermostat
- Modern thermostats make it easier than ever for homeowners to monitor and control the way their air conditioner works. By programming your thermostat, you can maximize savings on your utility bill. Some units even allow you to lower or raise set temperatures from your phone or mobile device. This helps you see peak energy use and adjust your settings accordingly.
- Reduce Air Leaks in Your Property
- The better your home or business is sealed, the easier your AC unit can control indoor air temperatures. Look for possible areas where hot air can get in the home or chilled air can leak out. Windows and doors that lack proper sealing and insulation are common culprits. But even areas like your wall sockets, light switches, or return air ducts can have significant air leaks.
Speak with an Air Conditioner Professional
Remember that this article is just a small sample of various ways the best HVAC companies can help save you money. The suggestions above are a good starting point, but nothing can replace the benefit of having a central air professional look at your home and cooling system. As outside temperatures get hotter, keep a vigilant eye open for issues like high energy bills, uneven indoor temperatures, or if your air conditioner seems to be constantly running without the desired temperature. If you live in or around Salt Lake City, we are here to help as soon as possible. Consider calling Plumbing Utah Heating & Air at (801) 601-1298 for your next air conditioner service.